Byat Monday, July 22, 2013
With the advent of smartphones and tablets, Kids these days are more likely to spend their day throwing digital birds at piggies rather than playing with LEGOs or pushed toys but it really is a pain if they end up making a call or even worse, buying things! Don’t worry because those guys at Apple have a solution. All you need to do is set some Parental Control Restrictions that will deny access of inappropriate content, avoid mature themed media, and disable in-app purchases and incidental charges. It’ll even make sure that new apps can’t be downloaded, nor can be old apps removed without removing the restrictions.
All in all, it is a must if you regularly give your iDevice to your kid and here’s how to do it,
Disable Installation/Removal of Apps & IAP (In-App Purchases)
- Follow the path Settings>General>Restrictions.
- Hit “Enable Restrictions”, set your preferred passcode.
- Under the “Allow” toggle, switch all these to OFF: “Installing Apps”, “Deleting Apps”, “Explicit Language”.
- Now scroll down to “Allowed Content” and also toggles “In-App Purchases” to off.
Restrict Inappropriate Content by Age
- Go to Settings>General>Restrictions, then “Allowed Content” and hit “Explicit Language”.
- Turn Explicit to OFF.
- You can also toggle “Movies” and “TV Shows” to age appropriate settings.
- Now go to “Apps” and set the Age Appropriate Settings.
If you found this post useful, dont forget to click the +1 button =>