Byat Wednesday, July 17, 2013
Apple's switch to using its own mapping service instead of Google's hasn't been taken well by the tech community, and as an answer to that, the search-giant came up with its own app! Lately, Google has been doing some major revamps with its Maps service, what with the new Android-version of Google apps and the redesigned Google Maps web version, which just recently opened up to everyone! And now finally, the big update has hit the App Store for iOS folks to enjoy and what's even better is that this time, iPad-owners also get to take advantage of world's best mapping service.
Although it is not as big a revamp as the recent Android release, Google Maps 2.0 still brings a handy lot of changes to improve your experience but the biggest change is clearly the fact that this version now has native support for Apple's iPad! Other few improvements include enhanced navigation, Indoor maps, Google Offers-based deals and more.
Here is the full change log for this update,
- New design for iPad
- Enhanced navigation including live traffic updates and incident reports
- Explore: A new way to browse and discover popular local places to eat, drink, shop, play and sleep
- Simple 5-star ratings and reviews from friends, plus expert Zagat content
- Great deals from your favorite brands with Google Offers
- Indoor maps with walking directions for malls, transit stations, airports and more
You can download Google Maps 2.0 for free from the App Store.
If you found this post useful, dont forget to click the +1 button =>