Finally, the wait is over, Sn0wbreeze is updated to v2.9.7 to support iOS 6 and 6.0.1 on Pre-A5 devices such as iPhone 3Gs, 4 and iPod Touch 4G. For those who don’t know, Sn0wbreeze is a popular tool to Jailbreak iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. However, the Canadian developer behind this tool has updated it to support iOS 6 and 6.0.1.
Before you continue, Please make sure that it is a tethered jailbreak for your devices and is only available for windows. So, if you restart your iPhone, you will need to connect it with PC to make it working again. Moreover, if your iPhone is unlocked via Ultrasn0w, please note that Ultrasn0w is not officially updated to support iOS 6 and 6.0.1. With all these limitations you can download this tool from the links given at the end of this post.
But here’s what iH8sn0w posted in a blog post on his blog:
What is New?Download Links:
- Added 6.0 (10A403)/6.0.1 (10A523) support. (Only includes iPhone 3GS & A4 devices).
- The 6.0/6.0.1 is currently a tethered based jailbreak via iBooty (except for iPhone 3GS old bootrom users).
- SAM is built-in for iOS 6 hacktivations. (Hacktivated phones can reboot to a semi-tethered state after being activated [rather than just hang at the Apple Logo]). Kudos @sbingner!
- Use iFaith mode after selecting/downloading the appropriate IPSW for your device. You will then be prompted to browse for SHSH blobs for the IPSW you have selected.
- Remember to enter a PWNED DFU state with sn0wbreeze's iREB button in the top bar of sn0wbreeze prior to (SHIFT + Restoring) the custom signed IPSW!
iREB & iOS 6:
- Due to some changes in iOS 6, the current public standalone version of iREB will NOT enter a proper PWNED DFU state for restoring to custom iOS 6 IPSWs. An update for the standaloneversion should come sometime this week. In the meantime, use the iREB tab located in sn0wbreeze's top status bar to enter a proper PWNED DFU state.
As stated many times in the past, sn0wbreeze cannot be updated to work on A5(X)/A6(X) devices until a low level exploit in DFU or iBoot is found and made public.
A5(X)/A6(X) Baseband Preservation/Hacktivation?
For those running A5(X)/A6(X) devices and need to preserve your baseband, there is nothing you can do at the moment. For those wanting to hacktivate, the only advice I can give is to buy the carrier's SIM (the one its locked to obviously) on ebay. The SIM does not have to be active with the carrier to activate the phone.
- Windows 8 users currently need to use this workaround to run sn0wbreeze.
- iPad baseband will fail to flash on iOS 4.0 --> iOS 4.2.1 restores.
- iPod Touch 2G 4.x.x restores fail.
Download Sn0wbreeze v2.9.7 [Click Here]