As we have already posted that iH8sn0w has released Sn0wbreeze 2.9.7 to Jailbreak iPhone 4, 3Gs and iPod Touch 4G. Before you continue, Note that this is a tethered jailbreak So every time you restart your iPhone or iPod Touch, you will have to connect it with PC and run the software.
Below are the simplest steps to jailbreak your iPhone 3Gs, 4 or iPod Touch on iOS 6, using the latest Sn0wbreeze 2.9.7. Carefully read the steps and follow the procedure:
How to Jailbreak iOS 6.0.1 iPhone 4/3G or iPod Touch 4G:
- First of all, download the latest version of Sn0wbreeze v2.9.7 from links here and download the iOS firmware file for your iPhone or iPod Touch [Click Here].
- Open the downloaded Sn0wbreeze on your Computer. It works perfectly on Windows XP, vista and 7 but Windows 8 user will need to download and install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.
- Carefully read the important Notes and Click OK.
- Click on the blue icon to proceed and now you can drag the firmware file or you can also click on “Browse for Firmware” .
- For beginners, Choose the Simple mode option from the available list of modes Sn0wbreeze will show you and click the next button.
- Wait and let the Sn0wbreeze finishes its task to complete the making of firmware file.
- Now you will need to restore this custom firmware to your iPhone. First, the connected iOS device needs to be put into Pwned DFU mode.
- Just close Sn0wbreeze and open up iTunes and select the connected device from the left hand menu. After you have done that, Press and hold SHIFT key + click the Restore button in iTunes. Now iTunes will ask you to select the desired IPSW file. Select the custom built firmware file from the Desktop (that Sn0wbreeze has already stored their) and let iTunes restore it to the device.
- That’s it! You have successfully restored iOS 6 or 6.0.1 on your iPhone 3Gs, 4 or iPod Touch.
As we have already told you that it is a tethered jailbreak so it requires to boot-tethered. Open up the iBooty folder on your desktop and Select the device you want to boot into tethered mode and hit the Start button. Again follow the on-screen instructions to Enter in DFU mode. After that iBooty will automatically boot your iPhone or iPod.