Last month, Apple released iOS 6 along with brand new iPhone 5 which is taller, thinner and lighter as compared to previous iPhones. Did you just get your iPhone 5 or recently updated your iPhone 3GS, 4 or 4S to iOS 6? As we know that there updating iOS 6 will also upgrade your basebands so your unofficial SIM card will not work on the iPhone. What to do in such situation? Don’t worry, the guys over MyIMEIunlock has the optimum solution for these cases.
This method is called Factory unlocking or IMEI unlocking, this method has been recommended by MusclNerd of iPhone dev-team, as the developers and hackers found difficulities in upgrading ultrasn0w to work with higher basebands.
This unlock method is legal and will permanently unlock your iPhone. So, you can use any SIM card for any carrier worldwide. The best thing about this unlock method is that it works with any iPhone and is independent to iOS 6 and any baseband version. So, it is a permanent solution for your iPhone and you will not have to worry about updating to higher iOS in the future.
Currently, the basebands present in different iPhones on iOS 6 are as follow:
- iPhone 5 baseband 1.00.16
- iPhone 4s baseband 3.0.04
- iPhone 4 baseband 04.12.02
- iPhone 3Gs baseband 05.16.07
Important notes before factory unlocking your iPhone:
- You must know the official carrier of your iPhone (the carrier which your iPhone is locked to), then check if your iPhone official carrier is in this list or not. If exists, so your iPhone is eligible for IMEI factory unlock method. In case you don't know the official carrier of your iPhone, you check your by using iTools, or by IMEI checker
- Take care as there are dozen of scammers who claiming that they able to unlock your iPhone. After investigation the market, we have found MyIMEIunlock.com is the most reliable and is supporting many carriers worldwide, also we found very good feedback from customers about their service.
How to factory unlock iPhone 5/4S/4/3G using IMEI method:Step 1: Find IMEI of your iPhone, you can find it on Gerenal > Settings > About or by dialing *#06#
Step 2: Check if the official carrier of your iPhone can be unlocked or not from this list
Step 3: Place your order and wait until receiving confirmation email that your iPhone has been unlocked
Step 4: Put unofficial SIM into your iPhone, then connect iPhone to iTunes - if it doesn't unlock then disconnect, wait 5 seconds, then re-connect. You should now be unlocked and see the iTunes "Unlock Complete" screen