iOS 5.1 for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch has been available for quite some time now. At this time, only a tethered jailbreak for A4 based devices is available right now, that too in a tethered state. So devices jailbroken will have to be booted tethered. Here's how to boot iOS 5.1 iPhone, iPad and iPod touch tethered using iBooty 2.3.
1. Download iBooty 2.3 for your computer
2. Once downloaded launch iBooty 2.3, connect your device to the computer and select it from the dropdown menu.
3. Click Start.
4. iBooty will now display on screen instructions on how to put your device in DFU mode. Follow these instructions closely to the letter.
5. Once the device is in DFU mode, iBooty will automatically detect it and will run a series of automated steps. Let it do it's work.
6. When iBooty is finished working it's magic, it will prompt you with a Done! message. When that comes up, it means that the iPhone, iPad or iPod touch has been successfully booted tethered on iOS 5.1.
That's it. It's a very simple step and you shouldn't face any problems doing it. However if you do, simply leave a comment and seek our expert guidance.