iPhone Dev-team has just released redsn0w 0.9.10b6 to jailbreak 5.1 iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad 1, iPod Touch 4G, 3G (tethered jailbreak). Now you can download redsnow 0.9.10b6 from the below download links and follow our guide to jailbreak your iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod touch 4G, 3G and iPad 1.
- This is a *tethered* 5.1 jailbreak for non-A5 devices. You’ll need to use redsn0w to “Just Boot” your device every time it power cycles, otherwise jailbreak apps won’t work (neither will Safari).
- If you use ultrasn0w for your carrier unlock, be sure to use a custom IPSW to get to 5.1 first! Don’t ever restore to a stock Apple IPSW! Use redsn0w’s “Custom IPSW” button to create a NO_BB_* version of the 5.1 IPSW and restore to that instead of the stock one. (That option is available only to 3GS and iPhone4-GSM owners.) ultrasn0w itself will be updated for 5.1 in the next few days (same baseband support, not 5.1’s baseband).
- If you’re lucky enough to have an old-bootrom 3GS, this jailbreak is actually untethered (redsn0w will figure that part out automatically).
- While we were at it, we added @pod2g’s steaks4uce exploit to support MC models of the iPod touch 2G (whose last firmware was 4.2.1). So now redsn0w will auto-detect and jailbreak all versions of that older device.
- iBooks won’t work until a future update of redsn0w
Jailbreak 5.1 iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod Touch 4G, 3G, iPad:Required Downloads :
- Download iOS 5.1 for iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod touch and iPad
- Download Redsn0w 0.9.10b6 for Windows / Mac
- Download iTunes 10.6 for Windows & Mac
How to Jailbreak 5.1 iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod Touch 4G, 3G, iPad [Tutorial]:Step 1: Connect your iDevice with your PC via USB, and open iTunes 10.6 then Restore to iOS 5.1 if you don't already have it on your device
Step 2: Start Redsn0w, press on "Jailbreak > Next"
Step 3: Now make sure your device is both OFF and PLUGGED IN to the computer before you click “Next”.
At this stage you will be presented with a screen where you will be guided on how to enter DFU mode. Quickly hold “Power” button and then while holding the “Power” button, you will now have to hold “Home” button too. Now after few seconds release “Power” button but keep holding “Home” button until installation begins.
Step 4: Now select “Install Cydia” and click “Next”.
Step 5: Wait until you get iOS 5.1 jailbroken in few minutes. Congratulations.
Tethered Jailbreak : Once current Redsn0w jailbreak is still tethered jailbreak, you will be required to connect your iOS device with your computer and run Redsn0w again then choose "Just boot tethered right now".
Update: Now you can make iPhone official factory unlock, you can check the details from here