How to unlock iPhone 4 on 5.0.1 iOS with Gevey SIM ? Well, iOS 5.0.1 firmware has been released specially to improve performance and fixing bugs for all iOS devices. Many iPhone 4 users who rely on unlock using Gevey SIM, are concerned about this update as they may lose the unlock. So we gonna show you how to updated and unlock your iPhone 4 on iOS 5.0.1.
Before showing you how to unlock iPhone 4 on 5.0.1 with Gevey SIM - Here's what we gonna do :
- Gevey SIM can unlock iPhone 4 that running baseband (modem firmware) up to 4.10.01, so in this guide we will show you how to update your iPhone 4 to iOS 5.0.1 with preserving the unlockable baseband. This step can be done using Redsn0w 0.9.10 b3, as it will cook custom firmware that will be used with iTunes to restore your iPhone 4.
- You have to know that if you updated your iPhone 4 to stock iOS 5.0.1 firmware, it will update your iPhone 4's baseband to 4.11.08 which can't be unlocked so far.
- Download Redsn0w 0.9.10 b3 for Mac / Windows
- Download iOS 5.0.1 ipsw for iPhone 4
- Download iTunes for Windows and Mac
- Buy Gevey SIM, we recommend to buy it from Amazon for secured shipping and delivery
How to unlock iPhone 4 on 5.0.1 with Gevey SIM :
Step 1: Connect your iDevice with your PC via USB and open Redns0w you just downloaded above.
Step 2: Start Redsn0w, press on "Extras" > "Custom IPSW" and then point Redns0w to iOS 5.0.1 ipsw firmware that you downloaded above.
Step 4: Now make sure your device is both OFF and PLUGGED IN to the computer before you click “Next”.
Step 5: Open iTunes, then Restore your iPhone 4 to the Custom iOS 5.0.1 ipsw (the file name begins with NO_BB).
Congratulations, Now you can unlock iPhone 4 on iOS 5.0.1 with Gevey SIM and here's a video shows you how to use Gevey SIM :
Update: Now you can make iPhone official factory unlock, you can check the details from here