How to Transfer / Import Contacts from Nokia to iPhone 4 / 3GS ? Apple has changed the People’s thinking about the phone by releasing the iPhone series. Because a phone is just not a calling or texting device but it can do much more than that. Well, if you recently got an iPhone and want to transfer your contacts from your old Nokia device to iPhone? The following tutorial will help you to do this.
There are three methods which can be used for this purpose. The 1st method is for those devices that have java; you can transfer contacts on your iPhone by using an app from Appstore. The second method is suitable for all those devices that have Symbian 60 or higher version which supports Google Mobile sync. The third method is to copy your contacts on Sim and then transfer from Sim card to iPhone so it is compatible with all devices.
Transfer / Import Contacts from Nokia to iPhone 4 / 3GS Using ConCopy App:This app lets you transfer your contacts from old Nokia devices to iPhone but there is one limitation that your old device must be capable of java. You can follow the steps to copy contacts from your Nokia device to iPhone using ConCopy. Read the following steps carefully:
* Download (from d.velorum.hu) and run our Java midlet on your old phone. This will upload your contacts to our server. Once the upload is finished, you will be given an access code which you need to download your contacts to your iPhone.The best part about this app is that it will not delete or overwrite existing contacts. But you can copy maximum two phone Numbers per contact. Follow this link to download this app from Appstore for $1.99 only.
* Install and run ConCopy on your iPhone. Enter the access code provided on your old phone, review the list of contacts downloaded, tap Save and you are done.
* ConCopy will not delete any existing contact. In the current version contact names and up to two phone numbers per contact are copied.
Transfer / Import Contacts from Nokia to iPhone 4 / 3GS Using Google Mobile Sync:This method is suitable for all those devices which have Symbian 60 or higher software.
- Open up mail Exchange on your Nokia device, and set up Google Mobile Exchange using the settings mentioned in this guide mentioned here.
- Open up settings, and click on Mail, calendar, contacts tab. Click on Add a new account.
- You can add a new account by using the guide mentioned by the Google here.
- After adding the account, you will be able to sync contacts on your Google account from both of your devices.
Transfer / Import Contacts from Nokia to iPhone 4 / 3GS Using Sim Card :
The last method which can be used for any older, new devices is using the sim card. Transfer all of your Nokia’s Phone contacts to Sim Card. Once all of your contacts are in Sim card, put it in your iPhone. Go to settings, Mail, Contacts, Calendar and click on Import from Sim Card to import all of your Nokia contacts to new iPhone.
Which method did you use? Let us know in the comments section below.