How to unlock and activate iPhone 3GS without Original Sim Card on 5.0.1 ? Just got a new iPhone 3GS, or updated its iOS version, and don’t have the original sim to activate your iPhone 3Gs? We have compiled a guide for all such users. This step by step tutorial will help you to update your iPhone 3GS and activate it without Original Sim card. After using this method, your GPS might not work, but there is not a solution except this to activate/unlock your iPhone 3GS.
This is for older model of iPhone 3GS ? How to know this ? you can determine your production week from the Serial Number in your Settings > General > About.
The week number is usually the 4th and 4th digit of the serial number. For example, a SN beginning with 88926… would be week 26 of 2009.
3GS units made week 45 or later usually have a fixed bootrom. Before week 40, they usually have the older (desirable) one.
So, if you have a newer model and you don't correctly identify it here, you will likely need to do a full official restore to fix the mistake, losing any unsynced data.
Requirements to Unlock and Activate iPhone 3GS without Original Sim Card on 5.0.1:
- An iPhone 3GS
- iOS 5.0.1 ipsw file [Download Link]
- Latest version of Redsn0w 0.9.10b3 [Download Link]
How to Unlock and Activate iPhone 3GS without Original Sim Card on 5.0.1 :
- The very first step is to update your iDevice and jailbreak it using Redsn0w. You can follow our step by step guide to jailbreak your iPhone 3GS - Click Here. Don't forget to choose "Install iPad baseband" option in Step 3. If you already have jailbroken iPhone 3GS, just deselect Cydia but keep selecting "Install iPad baseband".
- This process will install iPad Basebands on your iPhone. Don’t disconnect your device and it may take some time to install iPad Baseband.
- After installing iPad baseband, it will restart your iPhone 3GS.
- Open Cydia, then go to Manage > Sources > Edit > Add , put the following repo:
- Now go and search for ultrasn0w and install it, then restart your iPhone 3GS, Now put any SIM card in your iPhone 3GS, And it will work.
- Launch Cydia the go into Manage > Sources > Edit > Add then add the following source:
- Now search for SAM and SAMPrefs then download and install them to your iPhone 3GS.
- Navigate to Settings > SAM and click "De-Activate iPhone"
- Connect your iPhone to your PC then launch iTunes, allow iTunes to activate your iPhone officially. You will see this message "iPhone is activated"
Update: Now you can make iPhone official factory unlock, you can check the details from here