Delete Emails from Gmail to Trash on iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad? Gmail is the one of the largest Email network across the world. Google mail announced its iOS app in iTunes about two months ago. One of the annoying features in this app is that, when you will delete an Email in this app, it will be sent to “archive” box rather than the “Trash” folder.
This issue is finally fixed by the Google mail. Yesterday, the folks over Google mail tweeted that you can set to send deleted messages into trash folder instead of achieving them. All you need to do is to follow simple steps demonstrated below.
- Before you continue, Please make sure that you have setup your Gmail account as a Microsoft Exchange account on your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad from Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account, then add your Gmail account.
- Go to the following link from your iDevice
- A list of all the sync devices will be shown here
- Select the device, for which you want to configure this option.
- Now, check the option “Delete Email as Trash”
- Click on save button.
- Viola! You have successfully configured your Gmail account to delete message to Trash folder. This feature can also be used with Gmail app from iTunes.
If you any question regarding this tutorial, let us know in the comments section below.