Some of you might have faced iTunes error -50 when trying to connect and restore to custom iOS 5 firmware on your device. Even if you have already used sn0wbreeze 2.8b8 and created iOS 5 custom firmware, it might still prevent your iPhone from getting restored.
But you don't need to worry, the problem can easily be resolved as the error -50 you have been facing cannot be solved with jailbreaking iOS device. It was due to the corrupted background error running on your computer that is the reason behind this error. Here is a tutorial to help you out with the error:
How To Fix iTunes Error 50 :
1. Go to Control Panel, Programs, and select Uninstall programs as it will uninstall all such applications like Storm Video, QuickTime and iTunes.
2. Now install iTunes 10.5 after downloading it. Read blog post for further information on iTunes 10.5 for Windows and Mac OS X.
3. Get your iPhone into synchronization with iTunes after connecting it to your computer. Try to use the USB port that is located on the back side of the phone’s framework since it is much faster than the others.
4. On your windows, launch the Device Manager and then run the USB driver software update on it.
5. Connect with the original iOS device USB connector with or with the connector manufactured by Apple, Inc.
Getting the custom firmware on your iPhone restored, get it unlocked it with Gevey SIM. In order to know how to jailbreak iOS5 using Gevey SIM and more about how to unlock iPhone, read this tutorial.