Want to unlock iPhone 4 on iOS 5 with Gevey SIM ? Well, if you gonna update your iPhone 4 to stock iOS 5 firmware you will kill your unlock and your Gevey SIM. To unlock your iPhone 4 on iOS 5 with Gevey SIM you MUST update your iPhone 4 to pre-jailbroken custom firmware to preserve the unlockable baseband which are compatible with Gevey SIM.
Before I show you how to unlock iPhone 4 on iOS 5 with Gevey SIM - Here's what we gonna do :
- You have to restore iPhone 4 with custom iOS 5 ipsw with Redsn0w 0.9.9b5 (or above) to preserve the unlockable baseband.
- Then you are able to unlock iPhone 4 on iOS 5 with Gevey SIM.
- Download Redsn0w 0.9.9b5 for Mac / Windows (Coming soon)
- Download iOS 5.0 ipsw for iPhone 4
- Download iTunes 10.5 for Windows and Mac
How to update iPhone 4 to iOS 5 without updating Baseband - Redsn0w 0.9.95 :
Step 1: Connect your iDevice with your PC via USB and open Redns0w you just downloaded above.
Step 2: Start Redsn0w, press on "Extras" > "Custom IPSW" and then point Redns0w to iOS 5 ipsw firmware that you downloaded above.
Step 4: Now make sure your device is both OFF and PLUGGED IN to the computer before you click “Next”.
Step 5: Open iTunes 10.5 then Restore your iPhone 4 to the Custom iOS 5 ipsw (the file name begins with NO_BB).
Congratulations, Now you can unlock iPhone 4 on iOS 5 with Gevey SIM and here's a video show you how to use Gevey SIM :
Update: Now you can make iPhone official factory unlock, you can check the details from here