Did you experience iTunes error -9812 when accessing iTunes Store ? The message appear is "iTunes could not connect to the iTunes Store. An unknown error occurred (-9812). Make sure your network connection is active and try again." Let's check out the how to fix error 9812 after the jump.
Fix iTunes error 9812 on Mac:
If you have broadband access (cable, DSL, or other high-speed access), try turning your modem off for a minute and then turning it back on. If you also have a router connected to the modem, turn it off for a minute and then back on again. Once you've established a web connection, try accessing the iTunes Store again from iTunes.Fix iTunes error 9812 on Windows:
To create a test new user:
If resolved in the new user, the issue may be with VeriSign certificates in your login keychain under the main user.
- From the Apple menu, choose System Preferences.
- From the View menu, choose Accounts.
- Click "+".
- Give the new user a name and short name.
- Select the checkbox for "Allow user to administer this computer". This makes the user account an administrator.
- Click OK, or quit System Preferences.
- Quit all open programs.
- In the Finder, from the Go menu, choose Utilities.
- Open Keychain Access.
- Highlight the login keychain. If unable to find the login keychain, click the button in the lower left corner to show keychains.
- Under Category, choose Certificates.
- Look for an entry with a name beginning with VeriSign.
- Highlight all entries which match that description.
- From the File menu, choose Export Items....
- After exporting the entries, from the Edit menu, choose Delete.
- Choose 'Delete' if asked.
If you have broadband access (cable, DSL, or other high-speed access), try turning your modem off for a minute and then turning it back on. If you also have a router connected to the modem, turn it off for a minute and then back on again. Once you've established a web connection, try accessing the iTunes Store again from iTunes.
Check for updates to Windows, or search Microsoft's support pages for KB931125. An update may be available, such as Update for Root Certificates [May 2010] (KB931125). Install the latest available update for root certificates from Microsoft.