Byat Thursday, March 17, 2011
When restoring your iOS devices, surely you will worry a bit about losing the game progress specially if you play the likes of Angry Birds and Cut the Rope on your iPhone. Unless you restore from a previous backup, which is not always possible, you will lose all the gameplay progress and the levels you had earlier unlocked and gained access to.
How to Backup Game Progress without jailbreaking your iPhone:
- To gain access to iPhone’s files, we will use a utility called iPhone Explorer which is available for both Mac & Windows user as freeware.
- Connect your iOS device over USB and launch iPhone Explorer. Navigate to Apps > [Application which you want to backup]
- You should be able to see a sub-folder called Documents.
- Drag this folder to a backup location on your computer.
- I’ve illustrated this with Angry Birds in the following screenshot.
- For the changes to take effect, quit the application manually using the multitasking bar and then relaunch it.
Don't forget to get a fresh copy from time to another to ensure that you have a fresh backup with your latest progress. [via iDB]
If you found this post useful, dont forget to click the +1 button =>